What are the details?
Here are the main things that you need to know about the Firearms Amendment (Airsoft) Bill 2019, otherwise known as the WA Airsoft Bill.
Under the WA Airsoft Bill, you will be allowed to:
- Play airsoft;
- Possess, handle and use an airsoft marker if you are 16 years and older, or if you are 16 years and younger, and you are accompanied by your parent or guardian;
- Purchase and own airsoft pellets, attachments and accessories;
- Purchase and own airsoft markers if you are 18 years and older, and you are the holder of a firearm licence; and
- Organise an event at a temporary venue, if you are the holder of a corporate licence.
You will also be required to:
- Adorn your marker with a form of mandatory colouration consisting of rubber bands and an orange tip: all of which can be removed during play.
I want to know more!
How can I help?
Be sure to sign-up to GoAirsoft: your one-stop-shop for everything about the WA Airsoft Bill.
What happens next?
Check out this timeline
Frequently asked questions